Please note that I have one more temporary lab closure coming up, and I promise it will be the last one for a while ;-)
In case you are curious, this absence will be part-work and part-vacation in that it will involve a good chunk of time dedicated to strategic planning. Those words seem so odd to me… they are a great deal more “business-y” than I ever thought I’d type! But, until I think of another phrase, it will have to do ;-) This is all to say that when I started Just the Goods in 2009, it never occurred to me that it would evolve into something more than a part-time project to steer me away from the unfulfilling aspects of my career at the time. Fast-forward 4.5 years and, not only is Just the Goods my full-time occupation, but it is growing so quickly that I realize I must pause in order to figure out how to carry on in ways that are genuinely sustainable. I know I want to always make my products by hand, and I know I always want my products to be affordable, but I also know that I need to get a little more sleep than I have for the past 6 months *tee hee*.
All that aside, I’d like to share the following dates affecting orders placed during the month of February =-)
- February 6: the last day to place orders for mailing on or before February 10 -or- for pick up at Point Douglas is for Lovers on February 8.
- February 8: Just the Goods will be at Point Douglas is For Lovers to hang out with my amazing neighbours… join us!! Please visit this link for details.
- If your order is placed between February 7 – 9, and the items you’ve requested are already in stock, I will mail your order just before I leave for the airport on February 10. If what you’ve ordered is not in stock, I will handmake your selections and mail them on upon my return.
- February 10 – 18: I will be away and have chosen not to access email during this time. I will look forward to responding to all messages as soon as I return =-)
- February 19: First day back in the lab! All orders received February 7 – 18 will be handmade starting today and mailed as quickly as possible there after =-)